twitter




Monday, October 26, 2009

Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

single moms who are welfare?



I mean there is alot of hate towards them, how can you judge someone you dont know anything about. I msure there are some who are using it and dont need it, but some are moms who have been in normal relationships with abusive husbands or bfs and had no other choice at the time.



Not everyone on welfare STAYS on welfare...I am not on it, but it is a consideration since Im a stay home mom in an abusive relationship.



I cant go back to school because I owe a student loan that was to be paid by my guy 3 years ago and he never paid it cause he didnt want me to go to school and have my own money cause he was scared I would leave him and I cant get a job right now cause he wont help out with watching the kid. I have to wait until my kid is old enough to be in school.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

I have no problem with single moms who need help. I know I couldn%26#039;t afford to raise a kid on my own, I don%26#039;t know how some do it. Especially when they are in an abusive relationship, and get out and have to start all over, alone. Public aid is there to help, if I was in a situation where I needed it, I would most likely use it. However, working for a hospital and processing applications for financial assistance, I can%26#039;t help but get a bit angered when I see a 25 year old never married mother with four kids, each one of them with different last names, which means all have different fathers. To me, that just seems irresponsible. Why not use birth control? I know where you can get it for free... Why have children that you cannot afford or take care of. Most likely the children have no contact with their fathers and probably don%26#039;t live in a good environment.



That%26#039;s what angers me.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

I have a problem with a single mom that does not work, doesnt want to better herself %26amp; keeps having kids... I have a prob with my familis hard earned money via taxes going to supporting these people %26amp; its not just single moms.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

If someone NEEDS the help...fine, that is what it is there for. However, I certainly do not feel that we should help anyone who isn%26#039;t willing to help themselves. Plain and simple. Someone who is on welfare and continues to make the same WRONG choices are taking advantage of the system as well. Another case of how we should not have to help the people that don%26#039;t help themselves.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

girl do what u have 2 do!! anyone who wants 2 dog u tell them that u will happily let them pay ur way!



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

Where do you think Welfare money comes from? Trees!?! Nope, it comes from those of us who are working paying taxes. Why do I resent giving single moms on welfare my money? Gee, I don%26#039;t know. Maybe I%26#039;m just greedy. Wanting to spend the money I work hard to earn on my own kids and all. I mean, really! Who do I think I am deserving my own money? The nerve of some people.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

the reason might be is that some women have a child, get assistance and does not try to get off. in fact continues to have child after child,sometimes solely for collecting benefits so they don%26#039;t have to work.



it is true not all stay on welfare, but some do abuse it. unfortunately it because of the few abusers is when all single moms get lumped in as lazy,brood sows draining system.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

I think most rational people understand that there are those who need it for a certain amount of time and then get off it.



However, there is a welfare culture being created here in America where people are born into it and stay there their whole life, and then pass that along to their children.



I know someone who was recently denied food stamps after recieving them for years because her husband now earns too much. Her mom told her not to worry, that she knew all the loopholes for how to get back on because she%26#039;s been on assistance for decades.



There are people who are born in the projects and live there til the die in the projects never having worked enough to support themselves.



Its the welfare culture that people hate, not the people who need it. We are a country that encourages people to go out and become more than what they were born into, and we provide many opportunities for that to happen.



I would personally never accept welfare for myself, but if I had to I would for my children.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

I think there is a stigma that goes along with mom%26#039;s on welfare. Yes, there are people that abuse the system, but I do believe it is there to help people that need it. Don%26#039;t worry about what other people think. Do what is best for you and your children.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

I am a single mom and know how difficult it can be. Keep your head up and believe in yourself. I%26#039;ve been very blessed to have wonderful family and friends to be there for me emotionally. I know that when someone comes from an abusive situation they are often cut off from friends and family. Do you have anyone you can turn to for emotional support? That will really help you succeed on your own. I%26#039;ve been helping women for 3 years now to get on their feet. Everyone needs someone to help at some time. Also, there are a lot of programs out there that can help you financially. Maybe you could contact an organization in your area that helps abused women. They could help guide you through the opportunities out there for women in your situation. There are things like subsidized daycare, housing, job placement assistance, and training to help you learn a new skill/job. Don%26#039;t worry about what others may think about you asking for help. Use it to get yourself on your feet. You will %26quot;pay it back%26quot; by being a tax payer. If the people who really need these programs are too ashamed to use them, then what are they there for? Good luck and have faith in your abilities!



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

If I were you..dont put up with any abuse...I became a parent at the age of 15. If you need to get on welfare then do it until you get back on your feet... Talk with someone at your local DHS office..you can get help paying for your housing, food, babysitter, etc.. you dont always have to be on it.. Go back to school get a good job better your life for you and ur kids..



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

Because there are far too many single mothers who make a career, and a family tradition, out of being on welfare. Hey, if you need it to get back on your feet and make your life better, than you don%26#039;t have a choice, but you do have a plan. You are getting the anger from those of us who work our fingers to the bone and then end up having to pay for women and their children to live for the rest of their lives, and their children%26#039;s lives, and their grandchildren%26#039;s lives, and on and on and on. I taught in the inner city. I%26#039;ve seen it. We even had a new teacher who couldn%26#039;t handle it and told the staff, %26quot;This isn%26#039;t worth it. I%26#039;ll just go back on welfare and teach my son.%26quot; Imagine the lesson she was teaching him! If you are going to use it to better yourself and your children than go for it! That%26#039;s what it was intended for.



Why do so many people have a huge thing and hate against?

Hi



I would rather see a mother on welfare than hurt or even killed! Especially the children. It%26#039;s not always the mothers fault that she needs help to put food on the table or a roof over their childs head. There are a lot of scumbags out there who drive their familys away and then refuse to pay a cent towards their childs upbringing. Kids aren%26#039;t cheap, education cost%26#039;s a fortune, food prices just keep going up, childcare and rent - well lets just not go there! I can understand that a woman would want to stay home and bring her children up but when the kids are old enough the mother usually goes to work and partially or fully off benefits. Her taxes then go towards helping another like her. Give these poor women a break, judge not unless thee be judged! Many of them have no choice. There are also those out there who continually have children so they can receive benefits - this is wrong! Children are for loving, not for getting benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment