twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Need friendly advice about eventually living with boyfriend.?

Hi.



My boyfriend currently lives with his family and he plans to move into his own apartment soon. We have discussed living together and we are both very excited. I am going back to school, will no longer be working, living off loans and grants. My boyfriend doesn%26#039;t see a problem if I don%26#039;t help with the rent. I would do my part by taking care of the apartment and finances. I would take care of my own cell phone bill obviously. And I would pay for the electricity and cable. Remember, I am not working and living off of loans and grants. My mom thinks it is sort of unfair that I don%26#039;t help with the rent BUT he has to pay full rent whether I am there or not. My boss said the same thing. My boyfriend and I haven%26#039;t discusses the new apartment because it is not an issue now. But I have asked him over three times does he mind me not paying rent and he said no. I just want to get an idea of what people who CURRENTLY live with a significant other/spouse feel about this.



Need friendly advice about eventually living with boyfriend.?

If your boyfriend already recognizes that each person makes contributions to the household that aren%26#039;t necessarily monetary, then you have a rare bird indeed, and I can see why you want to hang onto him. Not paying rent is certainly not a problem, as long as the non-paying partner continues to make those other contributions to the common good and the paying partner continues to recognize and appreciate them.



Need friendly advice about eventually living with boyfriend.?

First off as the above poster said, as long as your both making contrubutions then its going to work out fine, as long as you both agree and both keep up on your contrubutions.



I have lived with 3 boyfriends. One of them paid for everything and i stayed home all day, when he came home dinner was expected to be on the table and the house was expected to be clean, other than that i didnt have to do anything he gave me money all the time to spend and i was well taken care of. The second one was in the same money situation as me at the time pay check to pay check, we did fine as far as the money part went we split everything down the middle and if one couldent afford something then the other paid for it. but then it became difficult when he slacked all the time and i had to pay for most everything. the 3rd one whom i am living with now pays for half the rent and for all the utilities and he paid the deposit, before we moved in together i told him that i would only be able to afford rent and my personal bills thats it, he was ok with it and everything bills wise works out good. He even buys all the grocries, but in return I cook most meals and do most of the cleaning except the dishes wich he does.



you besically have to find a balance that will work out for the both of you, talk about it and make sure that its agreed upon before moving in.



I have already shead a little light on how bad it can go in your last question so now would be a good time to let you know all the good things.



as far as the actuall living part goes its great most of the time but parts of it can suck.



For example waking up next to him everymorning is awesome, getting thoes first morning kisses and snuggles is the best. Taking a shower with your man is pretty cool too, unless it becomes a habit and you one day want to shower alone... he will start questioning why he cant come... lol



Not living with your parents is pretty awesome, getting to make your own decisions about EVERYTHING!



but then again it can be hard with the bills daily stress you both will have ect ect ect.



like i said before if you need any help just e mail me i will be glad to help you .

No comments:

Post a Comment