twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Unsure on whether to dispute college bill.?

Hello all this is the first time I have used this service so I hope in some way someone can help me. I attended an online college about a year ago. When I first started I had to get a student loan to cover my classes that I would be taking, otherwise they would not let me start classes. I was then told that I would be notified when I needed to file for new loans. I then dropped out about 6 months ago and believed everything was fine and all I had was the student loan debt. I was then contacted by the school a little over a month ago stating that of the three semesters I took the loan only covered two of them. My question is are they allowed to just come to me and ask for money even after I had taken the classes or is this something that they themselves should have taken care of while I was taking the classes. I told them I would pay for my books, but I feel that this should have been brought up while I was enrolled and not many months later. Thank%26#039;s for any input you may have.



Unsure on whether to dispute college bill.?

Online courses are indeed very expensive and typical basic loan amounts do not cover everything. If you took the classes, you are responsible for the bill. They have excellent grounds for a case, so you may want to contact legal counsel, but you probably would only be more in debt because of legal fees. I%26#039;ve worked in higher ed for years and know that you are considered an adult, sign a promissory note for your bill in which the fine print says you are responsible for everything one way or another (loan or cash).



Chalk it up as a life lesson learned. Probably a somewhat expensive one, but one I doubt you will forget. And hopefully others will learn from your mistake as well.



This may not have been the answer you were looking for. Sorry.



Unsure on whether to dispute college bill.?

Sorry but I was in the same situation. You owe the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment