twitter




Monday, October 26, 2009

I owe appx. 24,000 in property damage, where could I get a get a long term loan (appx. 10 years) to

When I took a break from college, my parents had me pay for my own car insurance. I had a card saying I was covered until August, however I had to pay for an additional 2 months. At the time of the accident I had no coverage. Now I owe about $24,000 before I can get my license back... which would make it impossible for me to get to work / school. I have fair credit and need a loan that I could pay back in about 10 years. I suppose it would be a personal loan, but all the ones I find have 3 year payback terms at the max. Any suggestions?



I owe appx. 24,000 in property damage, where could I get a get a long term loan (appx. 10 years) to pay this?

A hard life lesson about why you should NEVER drive without insurance.



You are going to have a hard time getting basically an unsecured loan for 10 YEARS for 24,000.



You might be able to qualify for some loans for college expenses by re-enrolling in college and trying to roll some of that cash due into that loan.



I fear you may have to get several sources to lend you the money and then eventually work toward consolidating those loans somehow.



You also could try a few lenders and then try to continually re-finance them to get a longer term....however this is going to be expensive.



I hope you realize that by financing the $24,000 you will really end up paying $35 to even $40,000.



Was it really worth not paying a few hundred more dollars to forego insurance?



You also should try looking at a credit union. If you already belong to one....try there. They often have more relaxed lending rules.



I owe appx. 24,000 in property damage, where could I get a get a long term loan (appx. 10 years) to pay this?

Salle Mae, if you have college loans... also offer personal loans. They all differ in how long.... I think you can pick how many years you would like to pay it off in. I picked 3 years but I think they had up to 8 or 10 years.



I owe appx. 24,000 in property damage, where could I get a get a long term loan (appx. 10 years) to pay this?

Just try contacting your bank (if you have one), or contact your local bank (If you don%26#039;t) and find out if you can get a loan from them. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment