twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sharing the rent with the boyfriend if I have no job?

Greetings...



My boyfriend currently lives with his family and he plans to move into his own apartment soon. We have discussed living together and we are both very excited. I am going back to school, will no longer be working, living off loans and grants. My boyfriend doesn%26#039;t see a problem if I don%26#039;t help with the rent. I would do my part by taking care of the apartment and finances. I would take care of my own cell phone bill obviously. And I would pay for the electricity and cable. Remember, I am not working and living off of loans and grants. My mom thinks it is sort of unfair that I don%26#039;t help with the rent BUT he has to pay full rent whether I am there or not. My boss said the same thing. My boyfriend and I haven%26#039;t discusses the new apartment because it is not an issue now. But I have asked him over three times does he mind me not paying rent and he said no. I just want to get an idea of what people who CURRENTLY live with a significant other/spouse feel about this.



Sharing the rent with the boyfriend if I have no job?

Sounds like we%26#039;ll be seeing you on Judge Judy in the near future...



Sharing the rent with the boyfriend if I have no job?

I live with my boyfriend now. I have lived with other boyfriends as well.



My first bit of advice is to stay living sepratly as long as possible, there will be things that you notice living with him that you will not like.



if your really sure about moving in with him, be sure that if your not paying rent your name is not on the lease or anything. If he decides to bounce out and leave you there then you will be responsible for the full ammont of rent every month untill the lease expires.



i would say that if your boyfriend says yes then go ahead and not worry about the rent but make sure you are keeping up with the utilities or whatever you will be paying.



good luck if you need anymore advice or wahtever just e mail me



Sharing the rent with the boyfriend if I have no job?

DO NOT GET A JOINT CHECKING ACCOUNT!



If a lease gets signed, and you have no intention of paying rent, do not sign that lease. It will make you 1/2 responsible for the duration.



See you on Judge Judy after the break up!



Do not have any of the bills in your name as well.



The Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment