twitter




Monday, October 26, 2009

I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

I don%26#039;t know what to do at this point but ask for suggestions. I feel miserable at my school and I have absolutely no incentive to get involved. I would also not leave my dorm door open as there are always drunks out in the halls. So please don%26#039;t put down things like get involved. That won%26#039;t help much. I just feel like dropping out and maybe going to a community college before going here another year. No it%26#039;s not a matter of homesickness; I just hate my school-plain and simple. I would love to transfer to another school out of state, but that would be financially ...ugly. How can you make yourself be happy in a place you don%26#039;t like? I need to know. As I said, transferring to the school I like would be too much money in loans (at least 27k for the first year-don%26#039;t know how the last ones would be), but I feel so miserable here! I have to drop out or do something so I won%26#039;t be going here next year. What should I do? Would it look bad if I went from a 4yr to 2yr school?



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

Going from a 4 year college to a 2 year college, is a very good idea. My daughter had the same problem, so she came back home and went 2 years to a community college and then after that transfered out to another school that she thought she could handle. And no it does not look bad. I give you a lot credit to facing the fact that you are just not happy where you are. There is no shame in that. Do what you have to do to make yourself happy so you can learn. If you try to stay where you are, you are just wasting time and money. I wish you lots of luck in making the right decision for yourself.



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for picking my answer as the best one. I hope I was able to help. Thanks again. Report It



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

Stop studying, start working.



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

Well, maybe you should just go to a college closer to home, that way you don%26#039;t have to pay for the dorm.



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

I also felt like you my first year at a four-year university.



I don%26#039;t drink or smoke, and if you didn%26#039;t do that, it was kind of hard to make friends right away.



I say give it at least two semesters. If you still hate it at that point, drop out and transfer to a two year school.



You can transfer most if not all of your credits, and you will have more time to adjust to the college, real world life.



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

tell me ur college name...i wil help u out.......and going to a 4th yr frm a 2nd yr is no probs unless u find it to be difficult.....which degre r u xactly doing??



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

DROP OUT AND SMOKE CRACK



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

Don%26#039;t worry about those drunks.



Just avoid thironments you are them!



Focus on your education, that%26#039;s all that matters.



For best results, come to school early so that way you have the campus to yourself. Study until your class begins. Sit in the front row of your class and listen to every word the teacher says. Do your school work at the campus, study during lunch time, take your homework home and do your homework right away! After you%26#039;re finished your homework, check to see if you made any errors, if so correct them. Study.



After you finished your homework and studying, put everything in your school bag so that you don%26#039;t forget anything. Wake up at 7:15 a.m. get do your morning routine such as brushing your teeth etc, eat your breakfast, take your lunch with you in your school bag and your home at 8:00 a.m. The more you accomplish the more happy you will be. You%26#039;re just nervous about new surroundings and the environments you%26#039;re familiar with.



Stop eating junk food such as fast food, fried food, cold cuts, balony, dry-cured sausages, soda, potato chips, cheese puff snacks, and processed food, that triggers depression and interferes with concentration.



Don%26#039;t skip breakfast that%26#039;s an important start of the day.



Don%26#039;t move right now. Complete your education and graduate.



I hate my college!-I need suggestions on what to do?

Wow you sound like me about 5 years ago. This is what I did: I finished out my first year at the school I hated, I then transferred to a community college for a year and earned my associate%26#039;s degree. During my time there, I did alot of research about loans/scholarships and visits to other colleges, so by the time I got my associate%26#039;s degree, I had decided on a college and a financial plan. The college I chose was 50k/year, but I choose to commute about 45 mins to save about 10k and I was able to get enough financial aid and private scholarships, that I only needed to get about 10-15k in loans. After going there for 3 years, I was really happy and was able to get myself a great job. While I am in about 37k debt, I have a job where I am earning much more than that and never regret my decision. You can%26#039;t let money be your deciding factor--there are lots of different types of scholarships and financial aid plus you can get loans that will pay for all of your expenses. You have at least a 6 month grace period after you graduate before you need to make payments on your loans and there are many options to what kind of payment plans you want for your loans (you can base it on how much money you will be making). As for right now, keep yourself busy with school work--if you do well, you can get money for that as well. Try keeping in touch with friends from high school, play online games, listen to music, try making friends in your classes. I%26#039;m not going to lie, it probably will be a pretty miserable first year, but it sounds like you need to transfer--don%26#039;t limit yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment