twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Post Engineering Bachelor Problem?

I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering in 2006. The problem I seem to have is that I%26#039;m an entry level engineer who won%26#039;t be given a shot to raise out of that level. I%26#039;ve had one job (engineering), and I was terminated because I apparently completed the job too quickly. I%26#039;ve applied to everything that may advance my career, including jobs for technical support, technicians, and even radio shack. I%26#039;ve applied to positions I%26#039;m not qualified (req with 10+ experience) asking if theres a position open on staff please keep me in mind. I%26#039;ve been out of school for a year, and nothing seems to be happening for me.



My girlfriend has concluded that I need either HVAC or CAD to advance my career. The problem with that is that I%26#039;m paying so many bills I can%26#039;t afford to go back to school, because my girl, my car, and my loans are sucking me dry already. I%26#039;ve learned that I%26#039;m not qualified for pell grant, but is there a grant that might help?



I just don%26#039;t know what2do



Post Engineering Bachelor Problem?

Welcome to my world. I graduated with an Associates Degree in Electrical Mechanical Drafting. CAD is the same way. I couldn%26#039;t get a job because I didn%26#039;t have experience but didn%26#039;t have experience because I couldn%26#039;t get a job. I finally got a job by foot walking applications. I went to every place on the planet that did drafting and talked to the person in charge of hiring and begged for a job. Eventually I did get a job. HVAC is in huge demand and an Engineer WITH a CAD degree is better then without. However for the longest time I kept thinking what you are, maybe I should have done this in school too. took me two years to get a job. had to work at taco bell in the mean time to help with bills. Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment