twitter




Monday, October 26, 2009

Living in ontario, canada. How to prevent my income tax from being token away in 3 months time ?

I have a student loan 10,000 in total,



6 months after school, I make 6 equal payments. I did have job, so i lost it, didn%26#039;t call them. now 1 year later i received a letter HRDC people, saying income tax may on lien ?Meaning my GST and income take comeing in 2 months time will be with held to pay my student loans, they have 3000 dollars to claim on letter it says.



What must i do, i have ajob now, i called to say i would make payments of 50 dollars ? they said a canada revenue put a lien on my income tax comeing up ? i think i%26#039;ll lost my income tax money at least the federal part anyway . How do i remove the lien on my income taxes coming up ? ombudsman ? I heard 6 equal payment gets me out of default ? How to i preseve my income tax return ? any tips, work arounds ?



Living in ontario, canada. How to prevent my income tax from being token away in 3 months time ?

You probably can%26#039;t keep it from being taken.



The six payments issue - if you are in default, then making six payments AFTER that might get you back in their good graces. It doesn%26#039;t make much sense to think that you could just make the first six payments, then stop paying without even talking to them, and not expect to be penalized.



An ombudsman is a person who helps you cut through the red tape if you are being unfairly or illegally called to account for something, not is you are the one who has done something and doesn%26#039;t want to pay the price for what you%26#039;re done.



Living in ontario, canada. How to prevent my income tax from being token away in 3 months time ?

You have to contact the local tax office or else the name on the letter you received. Once they have placed a lien on it however, my understanding is that the gov%26#039;t will get their money, no matter what. It would have been up to you to contact them, and not leave it for a year without payments.

No comments:

Post a Comment