twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Where can I find information on West Virginia?

I may be moving to West Virginia because my fiance may be getting transferred there. I live in texas right now and am going to school to be a graphic designer. I get loans and grants right now and I was wondering if all my school stuff will transfer, or if I will have to start all over because it%26#039;s in another state. Also, is West Virginia a nice area? I want to see pictures and know if this is a place where I%26#039;d really want to live. I would love a change and would love to go, but I need to find this stuff out first. Please if you know anything, help!



Where can I find information on West Virginia?

Yes, West Virginia is a great area with really nice folks. I am not sure if you have a particular area you are looking at or are interested in but anywhere along the Ohio River is nice. Cities away from the mountains I would recommend include Parkersburg, Clarksburg, and Huntington. The capitol of Charleston is nice as well if you don%26#039;t mind the heavy traffic of I-77, 79, and 64 which split the city. As for the mountains Elkins and Lewisburg are pretty nice, Elkins is actually under major renovation right now, they are really working to improve the downtown area. The fastest growing area in the state is the Eastern Panhandle, and all of the towns over there are nice, such as Berkeley Springs, Martinsburg, Romney, and Petersburg.



Keep in mind, except for Parkersburg, Huntington, and Charleston, all of these towns have under 30,000 residents so I hope you do not mind the slower-paced lifestyle because that%26#039;s sort of West Virginia in a nutshell. It%26#039;s a beautiful state, a very laid back and relaxing place to live, but if you are used to the city lifestyle you probably will not like it all that well unless you live in the Charleston/St. Albans/Huntington area (that is pretty much the %26quot;metro%26quot; area of the state). Now, Morgantown is, of course, home to WVU and can be crowded during sporting events, and continues to grow, but it too fits into the %26quot;under 30,000%26quot; category. In any event, if I can be of further help don%26#039;t hesitate to send an e-mail my way and I%26#039;ll be happy to answer any other questions you may have. Best of luck to you on your move!



Where can I find information on West Virginia?

Do a web search on West Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment