twitter




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Should I accept a subsidized student loan and put it in savings?

I was awarded about $2000 in subsidized loans this year by FAFSA. I decided I didn%26#039;t need them, but then I thought of this:



Would it be better to just take the money and put it in a CD or something, and then just pay if off right away when I graduate? Will there be any sort of interest or anything on the money if I pay it off right away? If I keep the money in my money market account, I could make about 200 bucks just in a couple years while I%26#039;m still in school.



Should I accept a subsidized student loan and put it in savings?

If you don%26#039;t need the loans, don%26#039;t take the loans. Although they are subsidized, they do accrue interest when you graduate and there is a fee for taking the loan. The fee for taking the loans would be more than the interest you could earn.



Should I accept a subsidized student loan and put it in savings?

With subsidized loans the government pays the interest while you%26#039;re in school, so you wouldn%26#039;t have to pay any if you paid it back right away when you graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment