twitter




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Serious Advice Please?

I am a 22 year old woman who lives on my own and work 2 jobs (1 part time, 1 full time). I have family around me but none of them every supported me in anything I wanted to do- not school, not work, no loving or financial support. To others, it looks like I am taking care of my own, which in a sense I am, but I am hindered because I want to go to college but I never will if I look to my family, they are just not interested and the money for a community college is availabe. They told me if I wanted to go, I would have to put myself through it. I can%26#039;t because I work 2 jobs and need them both to financially keep my head above water. I am becoming depressed because I have no real friends or family. I am strong and smart but I can not bear all these burdens. I just want to be able to go to school but I can not take out all those loans, and scholarships rearely come through. I am at my last put, I am thinking about joining the military because in the military I will at least have foundation



Serious Advice Please?

Start slowly by taking just one class in the evening. Later, you may find you can manage two and still work both jobs. At least you will be moving toward your goal.



I%26#039;d think twice before enlisting in the military; they don%26#039;t pay enlisted members worth a damn, and you%26#039;re stuck being at their mercy for a minimum of 4 years.



Whatever you do, DO NOT have a child and further complicate your life (like I did).



Serious Advice Please?

Why don%26#039;t you want to take out a student loan? The government offers them to EVERYONE. You don%26#039;t even have to pay them back until 6 months after you have finished school. That%26#039;s what I did and it worked great. And the payments are low, mine was only $50 a month.



Serious Advice Please?

I am sorry you don%26#039;t have a support system. I admire the strength that you have in spite of it. Just keep your head up and keep doing your thing. Your family will come around when you become successful with their hands out. You can tell to go where the sun don%26#039;t shine when they do. You have to be your own support system. Visualize your future and use your strength and determination to make sure it happens.



You can apply for financial aid for help with paying for school. It wouldn%26#039;t hurt you to take out school loans. Plenty of people have had to do that. I am still paying on my student loans.

No comments:

Post a Comment